Tomatoes saved

Last week my two largest tomatoe plants snapped under the weight of the recent growth.  Not knowing what to do we cut them and then replanted them in the bed. 

After several droopy days I’m happy to report that they seem to have taken. 

The two photos above show the new growth since the plants were cut.  

The photo below, although hard to make out shows the plants in the back which have retaken.  Last week they were very droopy and it’s now clear they are getting some juice. 

Lastly, we cut some of the side branches that were damaged and put them in jars of water.  The photo below shows the roots that have grown.  Need to figure out what to do with these. 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s